- The Aviationist » From the cockpit: F-16 solo, diving towards the ground while turning and releasing flares. Your selfie is invalid.
- The Coalition's Big Lie - The Drum (Australian Broadcasting Corporation):
When he decided to nearly double the Commonwealth's debt limit to $500 billion, Mr Hockey reassured us that the Australian economy was "growing as it should be" - further revisionism of the Big Lie. He justified the decision by arguing that "we are not going to allow Australia to become in any way as vulnerable as the United States". The implication that Australia needs the debt buffer to respond to shocks suggests that Mr Hockey's response to any crisis will be exactly the same as what the Big Lie slammed Labor for - borrowing to stimulate the economy.
- Drenched Sydney has wettest November week in 26 years (wild photos)
- Mix-tape spine-art - Boing Boing
- Sign Language Ring - 2013 | concept | Red Dot Award: Design Concept
- Swiss to vote on linking bosses' pay to wage of office cleaner | Reuters. An interesting idea, but the top execs will just get paid more in non-salary benefits (or other loopholes).
Yet another idea from science fiction, made into reality...
- Australia's rising debt: what happened to the Coalition's budget emergency? | Business | theguardian.com:
The big one is the one-off grant of $8.8bn given to the Reserve Bank for its “reserve fund”. This payment adds nearly $9bn to the deficit, yet has zero economic impact. It won’t boost demand as $9bn spent on infrastructure would. Nor will it impact inflation or employment. It will, however, impact the budget bottom line – which is its purpose. Because it is a one-off payment in 2013-14, it means even before he sits down to write the coming 2014-15 budget, Hockey will be spending $9bn less than he is this year.
- Everything You Need To Know About Make-A-Wish Foundation's Adorable, Crime-Fighting Batkid:
Five-year-old Miles spent the day keeping the streets of Gotham/San Francisco safe from ne’er-do-wells.
- Hands Down, This Is The Most Successful Commercial Of 2013 | Fstoppers
- Why red velvet cake was originally red (and why it can't be anymore)
- Pointless Diagrams | A new, meaningless diagram drawn daily, just 'cause.
- The Throwable, Panoramic Ball Cam Is Finally Here -- And It's Incredible | Gizmodo Australia
- Guy Builds a Bomb Just With Stuff You Can Buy After Airport Security
- Time lapse map of every nuclear explosion ever on Earth | memolition
- Our Logo Looks Like Underpants: A Case Study in Internationalization:
Without exception, every tweet that ever suggested that our logo looks like underpants had come from the United Kingdom.
- How to Get Even More Out of a Raspberry Pi | Gizmodo UK. Couple of pretty crazy ones in there.
- Those body image blues are all sewn up:
Who would have thought that the advent of mass market ready-to-wear fashion in the mid-20th century would have brought with it such a minefield of body image issues? Fashion, no longer tailored to unique, individual bodies, is now constructed to fit a made-up ideal body shape – an almost impossible task complicated further by the fact that, without industry sizing regulations, one label's 12 is another brand's 8.
- Sleeping on planes: why one extra inch makes all the difference:
Research by the European plane-maker has revealed that sleep quality improves by 53 per cent in an 18-inch (46-centimetre) seat compared to a 17-inch (43-centimetre) seat.
- I can haz kittens? Uber and Cheezburger will deliver you 15 minutes of cat playtime for $20 - The Next Web. Honestly, the only surprise to me is that it took this long to happen.
- Memorial of UTA Flight 772 - Imgur
- NSW strata law revolution:
the new model bylaws will, for the first time, cover smoke drift and allow pets by default, rather than banning them as is now the case. The issue of noisy timber and tiled floors will be addressed before the floors are laid, rather than after they become a problem, as happens now.When I rule the world, you'll need a license to live above the ground floor. What's that? You put on your hard shoes 45 minutes before you leave the house, then walk around your hardwood floor? Ground floor for you.