- This Mi-8 Just Cruises Along A Highway In Ukraine To A Sweet Doors Remix
- Guy Builds Cat Feeding Machine That Requires His Kitty To Hunt For Food | Bored Panda
- Public Service Announcement: The Mystery Machine Is Not A VW Microbus
- Banksy Reveals Latest Installation – The Shovel
- These Guys Made a Live Action Zombie Shooter and then Went on Chatroulette… «TwistedSifter
- Street Art News: artist: Hopare
- The Ten Greatest James Bond Movie Cars That Weren't Aston Martins
- 25 Awesome Graffiti Artworks - Imgur
- The Truth Behind Instagram Photos | Bored Panda
- Kicking the Abbott | The Saturday Paper:
Abbott governed for the past and the few conservatives desperate to continue living there. He governed against science and in contempt of the environment. He governed in opposition to social equality, in terror of reform. His was a government of fear and avoidance, a rolling sideshow anxiously avoiding the fact it had nothing to add and no idea what to do.
- The Mystery Of The Illuminated Goodyears | The Jalopy Journal The Jalopy Journal
- Feast Your Eyes On How Gorgeous Vintage Race Car Lettering Is Drawn
- Video: Alex McKinnon tackle, what Storm captain Cameron Smith said during NRL clash | NRL, Rugby League, NRL Scores, NRL Ladder | Fox Sports. Selective editing, leading questions and no right of reply - 60 Minutes or Frontline? Sadly the supposed parody was simply documentary.
- The Strange & Curious Tale of the Last True Hermit | GQ
- You Just Got Out of Prison. Now What?:
[The ‘re-entry movement’] tends to focus on solving structural problems, like providing housing, job training or drug treatment, but easily loses sight of the profound disorientation of the actual people being released. Often, the psychological turbulence of those first days or weeks is so debilitating that recently incarcerated people can’t even navigate public transportation; they’re too frightened of crowds, too intimidated or mystified by the transit cards that have replaced cash and tokens.
- This Prosthetic Arm Lets Kids Build Attachments Out of LEGO «TwistedSifter
- HP bans t-shirts at work and employees are furious | Business Insider. HP showing there's always a way to shout louder about how much you've lost touch with the market.
- Your enemy's enemy is your dog, scientists find | Science | The Guardian:
Dogs do not like people who are mean to their owners and will refuse food offered by people who have snubbed their master, Japanese researchers have said.
- 12 of the Best in Coffee Brewing Technology - Design Milk
- Joe Hockey claims $1000 a month in travel allowance to sleep at his wife’s house:
TREASURER Joe Hockey has charged taxpayers $184,000 to sleep in his wife’s $2 million Canberra home since he was elected to Parliament — more than half of the original sale price. ... [but because] Hockey has encouraged other MPs to share the house and pay rent to his wife when Parliament sits the costs to the taxpayers don’t stop there. ... taxpayers are likely to have spent more than the original $320,000-asking price.
- Blade Runner Recut with the Sci-Fi Masterpiece's Unused Original Footage | Open Culture
- The Future of Wind Energy? No Blades | The Free Thought Project
- Watch This Backcountry Pilot Land On A 50 Percent Grade
- Follow the money: inside the world's tax havens | Business | The Guardian:
If you blinked, you may have missed what happened here. It cost EcuadorCo $1,000 to pick and pack the container, and they sold it on for $1,000. So EcuadorCo records zero profits, meaning no taxes. Likewise, FranceCo buys it for $3,000 and sells it to the supermarket for $3,000. Again, no profits, and no taxes. HavenCo is the key to the puzzle. It bought the container for $1,000 and sold it for $3,000 – a $2,000 profit. But it is based in a haven, so it pays no tax. In short, all the profits have been stripped out of France and Ecuador, and shovelled into the haven. Hey presto!
- DxO ONE is a 20MP DSLR-Quality Camera That's Used with Your iPhone. On the one hand, great idea; on the other hand people are going to be *really* peeved when their $500+ camera no longer works with the new iPhone.
- Flower Sack Dresses From the Flour Mills (Historical Kindness) | Kindness Blog
- David Letterman’s final episode: a stoic but touching send-off for the Late Show | Media | The Guardian
- Australia's street art mecca: Powerhouse Geelong – in pictures | Art and design | The Guardian
- Tron Legacy Motion Graphics Design - VFX
- What are Abbott and Hockey really trying to achieve? 20 tries for 20 failures
- How Malevolent Buffoonery Became The New Normal Of Australian Leadership | Junkee
- The Manul Cat Is The Most Expressive Cat In The World | Bored Panda
- Code | Bloomberg. 'What is code?' ... surprisingly long and amazing answer.
- Towards 2000: Introducing the amazing compact disc › Science Features (ABC Science)
- Japan’s Creative, Ephemeral Homes - WSJ
- I Desperately Want These Hilarious Fake Car Ads To Be Real
- Jimi Hendrix was such a bad tenant, Ringo evicted him
- The Age of Drone Vandalism Begins With an Epic NYC Tag | WIRED
- Tesla announces low-cost batteries for homes | Technology | The Guardian
- Future Crew: Second Reality : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive (running in-browser in a DOS emulation)
- Blind Pregnant Woman ‘Sees’ Her Unborn Baby For The First Time With 3D Printing | Bored Panda
- University Creates ‘Puppy Room’ To Help Stressed-Out Students | Bored Panda
- How To Bump Start A Priceless Formula 1 Car
- Artist Uses Tape Instead Of Paint To Create Beautiful Street Art | Bored Panda
- Welcome To "Bestie Row": Lifelong Friends Build Row Of Tiny Houses In The Middle Of Nowhere.
- Landscapes Made for Satellite Eyes: Calibration Targets, Resolution Tests, and Giant Desert Compasses | Atlas Obscura
- McSweeney’s Internet Tendency: List: Bar Fight Insults as Academic Papers.
- How Did the Duck Hunt Gun Work? | Mental Floss
- The Gathering 2015 - 2nd Biggest LAN party in the world - Album on Imgur. When I was a kid I wanted to go to TG for the demoscene stuff - seems it's still there at least in a small way: The Creative Gathering.
- Genius Car Owner Replaces Back Seat With Couch
- Oh My God Everything I Want Right Now Is The Ripsaw EV2 It Is Amazing
- Lynda.com: A 60-Year-Old Earns Internet Glory - WSJ
- Zach Wilson on Twitter: "Shut it down infographics nerds, the greatest chart possible has been made http://t.co/LZr6KRwhJP"
- Peter Lik’s Recipe for Success: Sell Prints. Print Money. - NYTimes.com
- Germans Take Revenge On Late-Night Urinators With 'St. Pauli Pees Back' Campaign
- Check Out This Brilliantly Simple Rethink Of Gauges
- Angry badger shuts down luxury Stockholm hotel, forces police to intervene - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Purely for the line
It remains unclear why the badger was angry.
- Mississippi badasses turn their homes into islands to protect them from floods | Road Trip - Discover Your America with Roadtrippers
- Urban Treehouse Uses 150 Trees To Protect Residents From Noise And Pollution | Bored Panda
- First Alan Adler Invented the Aerobie. Now He’s Created the Perfect Cup of Coffee — Backchannel — Medium
- When Tony Abbott ate that raw onion it really got under my skin:
I was duly attentive but conscious of a voice inside my skull murmuring, with quiet finality: ‘He ate an onion.’(Not as glib as it sounds - is it ok for a PM to be completely oblivious to what is 'normal'?)
- These Integrated Propellers Could Be The Future Of Electric Flight
- 16 Vintage Movie Theatre Etiquette Posters from 1912 «TwistedSifter
- 50 Best Sci-Fi Movies of the 1970s | Rolling Stone
- Pixelated Hair Is The Newest Cutting-Edge Trend | Bored Panda
- What's Up With That: Why Do Cats Love Boxes So Much? | WIRED
- Yes, Major Record Labels Are Keeping Nearly All The Money They Get From Spotify, Rather Than Giving It To Artists | Techdirt
- US think tank asks 'Is Tony Abbott the most incompetent leader of any industrialised democracy?' (answer: yes. oh noes! spoilers!)
- The Car That Inspired The Jeep Was Completely Bonkers
- How Darude's "Sandstorm" Became the EDM Track Everyone on the Web Knows
- All the ghostly sounds that are lost when you compress to mp3 & The Ghost in the MP3