- This awesome dissection of internet hyperbole will make you cry and change your life | Charlie Brooker | Comment is free | The Guardian
- Cars And Characters At This Apocalyptic Hellscape Party Are Terrifying:
I'd describe "Wasteland Weekend" as "Burning Man" with a post-apocalyptic anarchy theme, but I think that might be redundant. It does take the Mad Max thing to a whole 'nother level though; with a fleet of horrifying cars and weapon-clad characters that just looks like... a lot of fun.
- Alan Penn on Shop Floor Plan Design, Ikea, and Dark Patterns. | 90 Percent Of Everything
- The McLaren F1's Owner's Manual Is Full Of Awesome Easter Eggs
- You'll Swear You Are On Endor When You See These Drones Forest Racing
- This Nissan Skyline Is A Sharpie Tribal Tattoo On Wheels
- Episode 576: When Women Stopped Coding : Planet Money : NPR. tdlr: deeply ingrained gender stereotyping, particularly in the marketing of kids toys around 1984, cast computers as things for boys right before their boom time. It can be turned around quite effectively by adding bridging courses to get people into IT/CS at uni, if they don't have existing experience.
- History wars: Pyne needs evidence to build a case to change the curriculum | Australia news | theguardian.com. Basically Pyne wants to change the history curriculum from teaching 'balance' to teaching Judeo-Christian Values(tm), with no real evidence beyond his personal beliefs. Plus the article quotes him thumping his chest about how his party governs only for the right wing.
- BBC News - Paralysed man walks again after cell transplant
These guys are crazy... Things Gets Hammered When You Offer Offroaders $10,000 To Climb A Hill
- DHL launches first commercial drone 'parcelcopter' delivery service | Technology | theguardian.com:
German delivery firm DHL has beaten the tech firms to the post, announcing a regular drone delivery service for the first time, nine months after it launched its “parcelcopter” research project in December 2013. The service will use an autonomous quadcopter to deliver small parcels to the German island of Juist, a sandbar island 12km into the North Sea from the German coast, inhabited by 2,000 people. Deliveries will include medication and other goods that may be “urgently needed”.
- How To Keep Your Cool When Your Brakes Fail At 154 MPH (jump to 1:30 for the crash). Intense just how fast it happens at full speed.
- The 42nd Crew To The ISS Made This Awesome Hitchhiker's Guide Poster
- This Science Museum Has Royally Pissed Off a Bunch of Girl Scouts:
Understandably, Scouts and concerned citizens across the country did not take kindly to this and made their displeasure known on social media. The Carnegie Science Center responded with a long and honestly pretty reasonable post, promising that they do feel very strongly about supporting women in STEM but they just haven't seen much interest in anything except [long, sad sigh] "Science with a Sparkle"
- The Amazing DIY Monster Tanks Of Mexico's Narco-Vigilantes
- These Beastly Disaster-Rescue Rigs Will Bring WiFi To The Apocalypse:
After tornadoes had ravaged Tuscaloosa, the trucks were many people's first opportunity to connect with their families after losing phones and electricity.
- Time to Move On? The Case Against Daylight Saving Time. A yearly note that DST is bullshit on basically every level and should be phased out.