"At the end of the day, what do you need for living? You need a nice comfortable mattress, nice clean sheets, running water, a shower, and a stove to cook something ... You don't much more stuff."
- WHERE IS THIS?
- The Technium: The Clock in the Mountain/10,000 Year Clock
- Bigend-Draperism, a memoir, and a desk. | Ben Hammersley's Dangerous Precedent
- Soft power, Murdoch, and Parliament’s Ratner Moment. | Ben Hammersley's Dangerous Precedent:
Parliament thinks of itself as the august and somber institution of power and justice, representing the people, and instead presented itself as a regional sales manager’s meeting, half-arsed, and mugging for the camera. Our nation’s representatives, charged with confronting Murdoch with the accusations of corruption and hideous corporate malpractice, took such care over it that someone was able to hit him with a foam pie. The joke, such as it was, was on us.
No matter what the topic, someone can always show you a Better Way™:
- Lytro’s Camera Lets You Shoot First and Focus Later - NYTimes.com. Even just eliminating lag on point and shoots would be a massive breakthrough, really.
- Sergeant Stubby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (via @jasonberry)
- Creative Review - The Art of the Factory:
'I asked them to make me one of their products, but to make it with an error,' Hutchison explains. 'I specified that this error should render the object dysfunctional. And rather than my choosing the error, I wanted the factory worker who made it to choose what error to make. Whatever this worker chose to do, I would accept and pay for.'