- 30 of the Most Creative Bookshelves Designs (via Malarkey)
- R2D2 DVD Projector ready for pre-order
What Barry Says (animation to the polemic) is a video I posted a while ago; but I was reminded of it today when someone posted YouTube - A History of Evil on Twitter (and another friend put forward YouTube - The Kingdom Opening Title as a 'see also').
What's quite bizarre (and impressive and scary) is how What Barry Says doesn't feel any less relevant than the first time I watched it. The politics are the same - the US is still proceeding with 'war corporatism'.
The creator describes it as "An uncompromising examination and criticism of US foreign policy, according to Barry from down the pub." A powerful display of conveying politics in multimedia.
- garfield minus garfield:
Who would have guessed that when you remove Garfield from the Garfield comic strips, the result is an even better comic about schizophrenia, bipolor disorder, and the empty desperation of modern life? Friends, meet Jon Arbuckle. Let’s laugh and learn with him on a journey deep into the tortured mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against lonliness and methamphetamine addiction in a quiet American suburb.
- Graffiti for God (and Google)
- l33t eye chart on Flickr (via scenariogirl)
- Fear the Boot | #42 The Next Big Thing. It's the 'Rar.' that really set me off...
- A Geek REALLY COOL Desktop
- Cool video, via Adactio. Music clip, shot in one take, with video effects reproduced in live action using a trampoline. Note the progress bar and spinning beach ball of death...
- Gamer geekery... preview video of Protoss and Terran units in Starcraft 2:
- holdingmybreath: 1.2.
- time twisted on Flickr
- Blue Ruin on Flickr
- Night shot, Powerhouse Museum Sydney on Flickr
- Lost cargo on Flickr
- English Russia | Kirovsk, Another Northern Town
- English Russia | Something Temporary Tracery
- urban_decay: Urban Surface
- painting with light(er):
Just like Graeme, I find this quote goes a long way to expressing my thoughts on religion:
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.- Marcus Aurelius
Via: Exit, pursued by a bear.
I think you should live well not because a book decreed it with promises of posthumous reward, but because you believe living a good life is the right way to exist in this world.
Shit. It seems that blindwino.com has been domain grabbed. I hope this doesn't mean Mark Driver has intentionally let the domain lapse with no plans to keep writing. But, if that isn't the case it still means some bastard has nicked his domain.
Either way there's no Blind Wino/Driver Down to be had; and so far I haven't seen him pop back up anywhere.
I really enjoy Mark Driver's writings, not least his self-published book Just Another Empire. But I'd been reading his website for years. Would hate to see that end.
He has an amazing ability to combine vitriol, clarity, comment and an apparent wealth of life experience. The posts that result (bless the wayback machine!) are quite something to read.
So anyway, if anyone finds Mark Driver hanging around in some corner of the net; please let me know.
Update: Although nobody seems to know where Mark Driver has got to, head on over to Blindwino.com Memories for an archive of his writings.
My old site? Mmm, come with me as we travel through the excretory system of late-capitalism’s terminal decline! I lost my URL to Network Solutions, who are a smoking carload of hooting retards. Somehow they managed to find an email account from 15 years ago as my primary contact. Then, though I tracked them down before the URL expired, they wouldn’t let me renew without paying $150 extra. Fuck ‘em. Blindwino was bought by some Limey Sisterfister and is being used as a tool to get links on Google. He wanted $1500 for my site. Yay! Please feel free to email him with time-wasting offers and recipes for hymen pirogi.
I look forward to seeing how this latest incarnation unfolds.
- I know this one's a bit old, but I still think this is really cool: RADIOHEAD STORE : LIMITED EDITION 7 ALBUM USB STICK. I'm not really a fan but I still want one ;)
Awesome superbowl ad:
History of predictive text swearing (hat tip to Lachlan):
- gapingvoid: RIAA
- $1 Image Stabilizer For Any Camera - Lose The Tripod