- Russian Officials Will Give You A Truck Full Of Coal If You Just Lose Some Weight. Weight loss... coal. Obviously?! Also didn't realise people were going through (literally) tons of coal to heat personal dwellings - didn't really have much concept how much coal you actually need to burn to heat a house.
- Eric's Archived Thoughts: A “Year in Review” Review - how Facebook learned from causing distress with well-intentioned features.
- 8 Vintage Pics Of Carrie Fisher Promoting “Return Of The Jedi” In 1983 | Bored Panda (mildly NSFW) - didn't know Carrie Fisher had done actual pinup-style photos in the slave girl outfit. On a beach...?!
- Proof That Jet Fuel Weakens the Hell Out of Steel Beams - as much for the ranty style as anything else!
- Can These Micro-Units Fix New York City's Housing Problems?
- Man's best friend also looks out for his canine mates, study finds - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). Basically dogs will give treats to other dogs, even if they don't receive a treat.
- If it's hardware and programmable, geeks will piss around with it: The Tesla Model X Has a Christmas Party Trick. Regardless of how expensive it is: F1 car plays God Save The Queen - YouTube.
- What It's Like To Drive The Worst Car Ever Built
- Man Proudly "Open Carrying" New Pistol Is Robbed Of It At - Wait For It - Gunpoint - from 2014, but still relevant as people dredge up the 'guns stop crime' argument.
- Dick Smith is the Greatest Private Equity Heist of All Time - Forager Funds:
on the back of this rosy forecast, the business is floated for a $520m market capitalisation, some 52 times the $10m they put in. Anchorage were able to sell the last of their shares in September 2014 at prices slightly higher than the $2.20 float price and walk away with a quiet half a billion.
So this year Grooveshark and This Is My Jam both bit the dust, so I'm going to try a YouTube playlist. Hopefully that will last a bit longer ;)
Kick this off and it should play through:
- Ministry - Thieves. Saw Ministry live :)
- Leftfield - Universal Everything. First great album of the year.
- Mr Scruff - Music Takes Me Up. One of those bouncy little riffs that sticks with you.
- Thievery Corporation - The Forgotten People. And another bouncy little riff.
- The Delta Bombers - Tin Can Boogie. Feel like I should be sitting in a basement bar drinking whisky. This is a good thing, btw.
- Phosgore - Here Comes The Pain. Jokingly said we should play this during personal training.
- Regurgitator - Fuck You Sweetness. Hadn't looked into the Gurge's back catalogue for a while after we missed their sydney gig due to illness. This one's a cracker!
- Iron Maiden - Wasted Years & Caught Somewhere In Time. \m/
- The Bravery - Above and Below. For a while it was hard to get The Bravery's stuff due to various record label fuckery; but I finally heard something other than their self-titled album... and there's some great stuff!
- Sim Gretina - Friend Like Me (Sim Gretina Remix). Straight up due to ALADDIN MAGIC CARPET PRANK - YouTube.
- Professor Elemental - Under Command of the King & The Inn at the End of Time. Both are on YouTube but "unavailable"... you can always check back in on #ProfessorElemental - YouTube later I guess.
- Tycho Brahe - Savage. Tycho dropped part three of Triplex :)
- B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone. Obvious reasons.
- Motorhead - The Ace Of Spades. Obvious reasons.