- Russian Officials Will Give You A Truck Full Of Coal If You Just Lose Some Weight. Weight loss... coal. Obviously?! Also didn't realise people were going through (literally) tons of coal to heat personal dwellings - didn't really have much concept how much coal you actually need to burn to heat a house.
- Eric's Archived Thoughts: A “Year in Review” Review - how Facebook learned from causing distress with well-intentioned features.
- 8 Vintage Pics Of Carrie Fisher Promoting “Return Of The Jedi” In 1983 | Bored Panda (mildly NSFW) - didn't know Carrie Fisher had done actual pinup-style photos in the slave girl outfit. On a beach...?!
- Proof That Jet Fuel Weakens the Hell Out of Steel Beams - as much for the ranty style as anything else!
- Can These Micro-Units Fix New York City's Housing Problems?
- Man's best friend also looks out for his canine mates, study finds - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). Basically dogs will give treats to other dogs, even if they don't receive a treat.
- If it's hardware and programmable, geeks will piss around with it: The Tesla Model X Has a Christmas Party Trick. Regardless of how expensive it is: F1 car plays God Save The Queen - YouTube.
- What It's Like To Drive The Worst Car Ever Built
- Man Proudly "Open Carrying" New Pistol Is Robbed Of It At - Wait For It - Gunpoint - from 2014, but still relevant as people dredge up the 'guns stop crime' argument.
- Dick Smith is the Greatest Private Equity Heist of All Time - Forager Funds:
on the back of this rosy forecast, the business is floated for a $520m market capitalisation, some 52 times the $10m they put in. Anchorage were able to sell the last of their shares in September 2014 at prices slightly higher than the $2.20 float price and walk away with a quiet half a billion.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.