- New platforms are making the artist-fan connection more intimate — and more lucrative - ABC News
- Oxford Street Is Getting a New Cycleway to Make Your Morning Ride to Work Easier - Concrete Playground | Concrete Playground Sydney. This is good news. Oxford Street is the single biggest reason I have never been game to ride to work.
- Scotland becomes the first country in the world to make period products free for all - ABC News
- Romain Grosjean walks away from fiery F1 crash in Bahrain in opening lap, bringing halt to grand prix - ABC News
- Morrison government's updated Covidsafe app unlikely to improve results, experts say | Coronavirus | The Guardian
- Where the bloody hell is it? Did Scott Morrison lie about the report that saved his bacon at Tourism Australia? - Michael West:
Scott Morrison was sacked as managing director of Tourism Australia in 2006 with a year left to run on his contract. For 14 years the reason for the sacking has remained one of the best kept secrets in Parliament. Now, FoI documents accessed by Jommy Tee reveal the PM either lied about a critical probity report, or numerous government departments and agencies are so incompetent that all of them – together, coincidentally, jointly and severally – lost it.
- Georgia Republican warns Trump is inciting violence over election: 'Someone will get hurt' | US news | The Guardian:
Gabriel Sterling, a Republican who oversaw the implementation of the state's new voting system, also issued the stark warning that if Trump does not rein in his supporters then “someone is going to get hurt”. It's a hell of a speech.
- NSW Police admit they 'incorrectly' let German nationals fly to Melbourne without quarantining - ABC News:
Questions have been raised about how the two travellers were able to bypass New South Wales' hotel quarantine measures, and how they managed to board a Melbourne-bound domestic flight. NSW Police said the pair — identified as a 53-year-old woman and a 15-year-old boy — were initially directed to board a bus to hotel quarantine after being screened by NSW Health.
- Fraser Island fire worsens as QFES increase warning level to 'leave immediately' for Happy Valley village - ABC News:
The blaze was sparked by an illegal campfire seven weeks ago and has blackened roughly half of Fraser Island. ... More than 80,000 hectares of land have been burnt so far and as of Wednesday last week 1,000,000 litres of water had been used in aerial firefighting efforts. The fact we can't put out an early season fire on Fraser in seven weeks does not bode well.
- Sharp rise in RSV infections among children has experts warning parents not to relax COVID-19 social distancing measures - ABC News. Just before Christmas.