- Chris Hadfield Explains How Zero Gravity Makes it Possible to Take Sharp, Hand-Held Long Exposures
- The Old Guard – Rands in Repose:
In order to build a healthy company that scales, you’re going to need to build infrastructure and process that is going to connect the various parts of your company. This work is going to feel heavy and unnecessary to those who’ve historically been able to do this work effortlessly and instinctively. It is entirely possible that too much process or the wrong process is developed during this build-out, but when this inevitable debate occurs, the debate should not be about the process. It’s a debate about values. The first question isn’t, “Is this a good, bad, or efficient process?” The first question is, “How does this process reflect our values?”
- Bruce Maguire still fighting to make websites accessible to people with disabilities:
If people with disabilities complained about every barrier that we encounter we'd be spending the whole of our lives 24 hours 7 days a week complaining because society has created disabling barriers and they're all over the place.
- Asmara, Eritrea: A Forgotten Piece of Italy in Africa
- To Park or Not to Park
- Barbie F*cks It Up Again *facepalm*
- Artist Removes One Letter from Famous Movie Titles and Illustrates the Results «TwistedSifter
- This Guy Paints Random Characters Into Old Thrift Store Paintings «TwistedSifter
- This Is Why Australians Hate Starbucks | MUNCHIES:
Despite faring worse than a country inhabited almost entirely by clientele who suffer violent diarrhoea when ingesting your product, the Australian-owned Withers Group recently announced that they would be buying up the remaining Starbucks cafes. ... Australia may lag behind in coffee consumption per capita (the average Aussie manages just 0.3 cups a day, compared to the Netherlands’ 2.4) but it comes out top in all-round coffee snobbery. It would probably be more representative to have the blokes on the Fosters ads discussing aeropress brewing methods rather than sipping beer.
- The Hummingbird Effect — How We Got to Now — Medium
- 10 Science Fiction Novels You Pretend to Have Read (And Why You Should Actually Read Them)