- The Courier-Mail: Spam will cost firms $1m under new law [19sep03]. I fail to see why religious organisations are exempt though. Think of it this way: how annoying is it when the Mormons turn up at your door? Imagine what it'll be like when they merely have to email you. Separation of church and state, what's so hard about the concept??
- The Courier-Mail: Taxman targets babysitter cash [24sep03]. I'd rather see efforts aimed at stopping the extremely rich avoiding tax. Think - Kerry Packer, Mr $40 Tax. I really don't care if the odd cleaner or babysitter takes their fee in cash; they're unlikely to be earning as much as Mr Packer... yet they probably actually pay much more tax.
- NEWS.com.au | Yahoo sits tight on chatrooms (September 24, 2003). If you let your kids use the net.... You. Can. Not. Be. Too. Careful. Supervise; and discuss the potential dangers with your kids. As a kid I was taught about "stranger danger", this is the same thing with a little more technology.
- NEWS.com.au | Hundreds of VB stubbies stolen (September 24, 2003)... linked mostly for amusement at the sheer optimism of asking Aussies to dob in somebody who's selling them cheap beer in summer.
- NEWS.com.au | Bush comes under heavy fire at UN (September 24, 2003). I note that he's trying to pull the focus off weapons of mass destruction.
- Australia world's top ecstasy abuser: UN - National - smh.com.au.