- Bush orders US Marines to Haiti. 01/03/2004. ABC News Online / UN poised to approve Haiti force. 01/03/2004. ABC News Online. Near as I can tell, the UN hasn't approved action yet (not 100% sure on that). But hey, the US is going in anyway... the UN has become irrelevant. Can we say League of Nations?
- Bin Laden arrest claims 'false': Pentagon. 29/02/2004. ABC News Online / NEWS.com.au | Claims bin Laden 'already captured' (March 1, 2004):
Iranian state radio quoted an "informed source" saying the arrest took place "some time ago" but gave no further details. It claimed US officials were keeping news of the arrest secret and were likely to announce it later in the year to help US President George W. Bush's re-election chances in November.
- Catholic schools negotiate $360m funding boost. 29/02/2004. ABC News Online / The Australian: PM dangles $362m to Catholic schools [March 01, 2004]. This pisses me right off. If the church wants to runs schools it can fucking well fund them out of its own pocket. The government has no business giving money to these schools instead of the struggling public system. It's a blatant move by Howard to buy the Catholic vote. Separation of church and state? What a wild concept.
- NEWS.com.au | Police to recreate alleged sex attack (March 1, 2004) / Disgusted league chief to widen Bulldogs inquiry - League - www.smh.com.au / Dogs 'sickened' by sex assault publicity. 01/03/2004. ABC News Online / Bulldogs: grow up or lose contracts - Opinion - www.smh.com.au
- NEWS.com.au | Stone still rolling against death odds (March 1, 2004):
Rolling Stone Keith Richards should have died eight years ago, an expert says....it takes an expert to say that? :)
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.