- NEWS.com.au | Qld 'needs phone tapping' (April 19, 2004):
[T]he president of the Australian Council of Civil Liberties, Terry O'Gorman, said the government was using the spectre of terrorism to push through unprecedented police powers.I wish Australia didn't follow America in all aspects like this - the fast food and bad TV are merely insulting; but the fetish for litigation and the acceptance of governmental villainy are serious erosions of our society. The cops do not need further phone tapping powers without the current checks and balances.
- Spain's troops decision fails to sway Howard. 19/04/2004. ABC News Online / We'll stay in Iraq until the job is done, says PM - SpecialsWarOnIraq - www.smh.com.au. Let history repeat itself, says Howard. America wants a war, so we'll join in. America refuses to back down and do what the UN wants, we'll follow.
- Sydney ram raiders steal ATM - National - www.smh.com.au. Yep, they just took the whole damn machine.
- NAB share price continues falling. 19/04/2004. ABC News Online. Karma catching up with a big-four bastard bank. I guess fees will be going up and they'll be closing some more branches; following their ever-so-sustainable methods of maintaining shareholder value.
- NEWS.com.au | Man makes sex harassment claim (April 19, 2004)... and it's news. Equality is a fickle beast.
- Return of the Aussie überLuddite | The Register. Amazingly, it's the guys at the reg that hate Alston the most.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.