- US hostage beheaded on camera - www.smh.com.au. Nothing justifies this. Violence in the name of god, whatever the particular name may be, is why I cannot stomach religion (faith is ok, just not religion; if you get my meaning).
- NEWS.com.au | Families win in Budget splurge (May 12, 2004):
Families and high earners come out well in the 2004 Budget - but single, low-income earners get nothing.That's the demographic which is well-publicised as being unable to purhcase their own home. / Latham predicts early election as Labor criticises 'wasted opportunities'. 11/05/2004. ABC News Online:
'Well 60 per cent of the country has been forgotten. Three out of five of the Australian families and singles do not receive a single cent in tax relief or family assistance,' he said.
- PM anoints Costello as successor. 12/05/2004. ABC News Online:
Prime Minister John Howard says Treasurer Peter Costello is the logical person to succeed him as Liberal leader, but insists he is not ready to give up his job just yet....and anyone who couldn't figure this out for themselves, please line up in front of the automated head-smacking clue stick.
- Mexico snaps UFOs - World - www.smh.com.au
- NEWS.com.au | Ban for low-rider jeans sought (May 12, 2004):
Louisiana [is] considering new legislation to outlaw low cut jeans. The proposed bill on denims that reveal underwear or too much skin was approved by the state's House Criminal Justice Committee last week.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.