Posts

get yer finger off that shift key

Wired News: It's Just the 'internet' Now: Effective with this sentence, Wired News will no longer capitalize the 'I' in internet. At the same time, Web becomes web and Net becomes net. Why? The simple answer is because there is no earthly reason to capitalize any of these words. Actually, there never was.

Next, let's get rid of "e-" as a prefix.

On an unrelated, navel-inspecting note; you won't see me capitalising the 'h' in 'heretic'. I stopped capitalising it sometime in 1995 or 1996, in a pendulum swing away from the stupidly complex high ascii signoff I used to use on BBSs (hmm, don't know how to reproduce it in HTML). While it did look nifty, every BBSer and their dog was going over the top with the high ascii. Along with many others, I got tired of it.

Navel fully inspected. Moving along. For the record, if you found the second part of this post remotely interesting, my condolences on your present level of boredom.

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment