- Howard pledges $1b to Indonesian recovery. 06/01/2005. ABC News Online:
'It is the single largest aid contribution ever made by Australia,' Mr Howard said.
- Bush donates $13,000 to relief efforts - Asia Tsunami - www.smh.com.au:
Bush, whose wealth is estimated at some $17 million, on Monday asked 'every American to contribute as they are able to do so'.
- Hard lesson: fewer local students enrolling at uni - National - www.smh.com.au:
The new enrolment figures ... show the Australian student decline was offset by a 6.2 per cent rise last year in fee-paying foreign students.Which is bad enough, but then consider: The Australian: 'Uni fees price out foreign students' [January 05, 2005]
- Court cracks down on notorious spyware spammer - World - www.smh.com.au:
Washington: A man who earned the title 'spam king' as the largest bulk e-mailer in the United States agreed to halt his activity in a preliminary settlement with US regulators, court documents show.If this guy hadn't been presenting himself as a 'businessman', do you think US courts wouldn't have him in jail by now? If the court decides you're a 'hacker' you'll be incarcerated quicker than you can say 'information wants to be free'. But make money infecting millions of computers with spyware.... well then, we might just ask nicely if you'll stop doing that now.
- Women more emotional about body image than men - brain study - World - www.smh.com.au:
The brains of men and women behave differently when confronted with unpleasant words concerning body image, research has revealed.
- No more J.Lo. - People - www.smh.com.au:
Jennifer Lopez has declared she wants to be called Jennifer from now on and NOT J.Lo..How about the world's media makes this one easy - just call her "twit" from now on.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.