- NEWS.com.au | Latham quits Labor leadership (January 18, 2005) / 'I did my bit': Latham quits, blames health - National - www.smh.com.au / Latham quits. 18/01/2005. ABC News Online. Isn't it heartwarming when the media decides it's time for someone to retire? Plus, Beazley is gearing up for a press conference - gosh, I wonder what that could be about. No doubt something like: "Hi, me again, I know I failed as party leader and then repeatedly said I wouldn't take on the leader role again.... but guess what! Fingers crossed! Nyahaahah!" *sigh* the Liberals are going to win the next federal election.
- Also on Latham: Exit, pursued by a bear. - Gnus Roundup - ALP Self-flagellation Special.
- NEWS.com.au | 50,000 bank jobs may go to India (January 18, 2005):
ANZ Bank boosted developer numbers at its Bangalore software facility in India by more than 30 per cent last year as it struggled with staff shortages and an overflow of integration work in Australia. Two other big-four banks - National Australia Bank and Westpac - have also joined the offshoring trend, confirming last week that they had engaged Tata Consultancy Services to perform project work on their behalf in India.*chokes on own rage*
- Man arrested over 1984 Sydney murder. 18/01/2005. ABC News Online:
New South Wales Police Commissioner Ken Moroney says painstaking work by detectives has led to a 51-year-old man being charged over a murder committed 21 years ago.
- BBC NEWS | UK | Virgin boss unveils space trips: "Space tourism is less than three years away, Sir Richard Branson has claimed."
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.