- Jeffrey Zeldman Presents The Daily Report | Protect your site from Google's new toolbar. Google turning into Microsoft? Sad but true. Between Google, Blogger and Gmail we're seeing an increasing amount of drift away from 'make the world better' and more 'make the world better for some'. We have to remember, they ARE here to make money.
- Boing Boing: Eating without seeing: Switzerland's 'Blind Cow Diner'
- Boing Boing: Space psychiatrist:
'Most anybody can get along with any body for a week or two,' Kanas observes. But longer stays in cramped conditions with no real opportunity for escape are different. Kanas used questionnaires completed on board to discern issues of tension, cohesion and "displacement," the tendency to redirect anger at others. For the cosmonauts and astronauts that was often the ground control.
- Mike Davidson: How to Snatch an Expiring Domain. Hmm. *eyes off some sods sitting on cool domains*
- Slacker Manager: The unspoken language of... "get the fuck out of my cubicle". I'm not sure I can be as blunt as this. I am far too fucking nice for my own good, contrary to certain opinions.
- Boing Boing: HOWTO build a Bluetooth 'sniper rifle':
One of the security assumptions in Bluetooth is that attackers need to be quite close-by if they want to gain access to your phone or other device. Here's simple instructions for building a handsome, effective Bluetooth 'sniper rifle' whose high-gain antenna will give you access to devices from miles away.
- LOTUS ADVISOR: The Architecture of Lotus Notes. I've tried to read this. Really I have. But I just can't do it. Plus the diagrams reinforce an overall sense that 'simplicity' is NOT in the Lotus vocabulary.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.