Posts

the joy of dealing with users

Someone claimed some instructions were incomplete, our frontline staff made the mistake of taking their word for it. I took their word for it as well, only to discover that the extra details are in the documentation and have been for a couple of years (since I wrote it). I let our staff know, and get this reply...

so what your telling me, was that she just wasted my time, because she couldnt read the whole document.

then i wasted your time by not reading it either.

great !

Sometimes you have to laugh, because crying at work gets funny looks ;)

Ahh well. I'm on a project now anyway, so I shouldn't see this sort of thing any more. On the flip side, the project office smells like rotting carpet. Balance is maintained.

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment