- Men's ginseng underwear launched - National Breaking News - Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au. They're also considering viagra undies, although that begs the question of what happens when the undies come off. Next up: the new range of clubber undies, the E-string! Arf, arf.
- Boing Boing: UK nurses want to supply clean blades and cutting advice to self-harmers:
The College is saying, in essence, that it can't prevent cutters from cutting, but it can prevent secondary harm arising from deep cuts and infection....which is an approach not overly favoured by current society. Which is a bit weird. Surely the idea of harm minimisation can't be that hard to grasp. Nobody is condoning cutting, but it's a fact of some peoples' lives and if they can do it without ...well, really seriously hurting themselves... then it's better than the alternative.
- Boing Boing: PC built into whisky bottle. Unsurprisingly cooling was a challenge, but it is one of the neatest mods I've ever seen.
- Boing Boing: HOWTO send emails that get responses. A shorter version might be 'learn to communicate, you illiterate fucktards'. Seriously though, this is a good article on getting things right. Things that seem simple often turn out to be quite complex, when you really think about them.
- Boing Boing: Snap-together mini models of designer lamps. Way cool desk toys :)
- copywrong: of interest.... You may have seen pages which show up the latest 10/20/100 images posted to LiveJournal. While they are kind of interesting to look at (when they're not being disturbing or mind-crushingly banal), they are a serious bandwidth thief. My site got over 100,000 hits between two of them last month alone (an absolutely enormous spike - not sure what to make of it :)). If the real images had gone out (instead of a small copyright notice), It would have used something in the region of 14gigs worth of bandwith. So anyway, LJ got so many complaints there's apparently an opt-out method.
Update: actually, got it wrong. It's more like 200,000 hits so far this month:
- 160035 hits, 71.94% of traffic, referrer http://www.nonexiste.net/lj.php
- 55433 hits, 24.92% of traffic, referrer http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/livejournal-pictures.php
Those two sites must have been in the news or something.