- Pirate Chief speaks: "It's all about control over culture and knowledge":
The leader of the Swedish Pirate Party speaks out at the Pirate Bay support demonstration in Stockholm, putting the recent events into a historical perspective.Interesting reading. Less highbrow and more amusing is their response in DNS names: Boing Boing: PirateBay hides anti-MPAA taunt in DNS.
- Boing Boing: Is RIAA nastygramming YouTubers over vids of kids singing and dancing?:
So now we've got the RIAA (?) sending takedown notices to YouTube over kids who rock out to the songs they love. You have to wonder -- if this is a forgery, has the RIAA decided to do something about it? If it's not, does that mean that they now have a policy about fan-films made with music?
- Boing Boing: Ten Commandments Congressman can't name them. "Sure, I want to ram them down your throat; but I can't be bothered actually knowing what they are." :)
- Boing Boing: Billboard: Saying "like" makes you sound dumb:
This billboard advises you to stop using the word 'like' as punctuation, on behalf of something called the Academy of Linguistic Awareness.
- Boing Boing: Sculpture's wooden mount on display instead of sculpture. But is it art? :)
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.