Posts

nin: the slip

I assume anyone reading this blog has already downloaded The Slip.

Yep, Reznor continues with the awesomeness and is giving away the latest NIN album for free. DRM-free, creative-common licensed, high quality downloads (including via torrent). Why? Well from nin.com: (thank you for your continued and loyal support over the years - this one's on me) ...and from the download page: we encourage you to remix it, share it with your friends, post it on your blog, play it on your podcast, give it to strangers, etc.

I'd have happily paid for it. It's interesting how quickly you can get used to an idea - after Ghosts I-IV (my CDs just arrived) I was looking for the 'buy' options list again :) The only thing which is slightly odd is that the artwork was supplied in a PDF, so I can't immediately use them for wallpapers or whatever (the artwork is very cool). They really got that right with Ghosts, not sure why they didn't do the same here. But hey, that's the tiniest of quibbles.

Oh and he's touring. Reckon the shows will be sold out? :)

Update: there are some wallpapers linked at echoing the sound (forum): the slip wallpapers. Don't miss the widescreen pack uploaded by ThinkICouldBurn.

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment