- The Most Controversial Magazine Covers of All Time | Webdesigner Depot
- Names that are better than "iSnack 2.0"; iSnack was a registered name before Kraft closed comp | Article | The Punch.
- YouTube - 所ジョージ sokontokoro motorshow 2/2 (really crazy car mods)
- English Russia | The White Citizens (polar bears on construction sites)
- Doritos Concept (packaging)
- How the city hurts your brain - The Boston Globe:
When a park is properly designed, it can improve the function of the brain within minutes. As the Berman study demonstrates, just looking at a natural scene can lead to higher scores on tests of attention and memory.
- why i am not afraid to take your money, by amanda fucking palmer:
if you think i’m going to pass up a chance to put my hat back down in front of the collected audience on my virtual sidewalk and ask them to give their hard-earned money directly to me instead of to roadrunner records, warner music group, ticketmaster, and everyone else out there who’s been shamelessly raping both fan and artist for years, you’re crazy.
- Pirate Party Australia Plans Election Onslaught:
After winning 7.1 per cent of Swedish votes in this year's European Parliament elections, The Pirate Party has opened up a branch in Australia and plans to contest the next federal election. The party, which will campaign on a platform of anti-internet censorship and the decriminalisation of non-commercial file sharing, has already signed up 550 members, enough for it to register as a party with the Australian Electoral Commission.
- Internet overtakes television to become biggest advertising sector in the UK | Media | The Guardian:
The UK has become the first major economy where advertisers spend more on internet advertising than on television advertising, with a record £1.75bn online spend in the first six months of the year.This has some pretty huge implications. I wonder if the people who were smug about the plight of newspapers will be so sanguine if their supply of soap operas goes behind a paywall?
- Jackman & Craig -- Can You Hear Us Now? | TMZ.com
I don't know how it has taken so long for me to discover trollcats! I opened this at work and nearly choked on my lunch, laughing so hard... Fairly unambiguous reaction to your utterance trollcat:
- Blacktown, Australia on Flickr
- Coffee on Flickr
- cre.ations.net - Creation: Long Exposure Pictures
- Schwedter Str - Prenzlauer Berg on Flickr (cool bit of street art)
- Dust storm: Sydney's Red Dawn 1 on Flickr, Sydney's Red Dawn 2 on Flickr, . on Flickr, Luna Park, Sydney on Flickr
- Blade-runner-esque - a gallery on Flickr
- Taggers are the trolls of the graf world. By and large when people talk about graffiti being 'vandalism' what has happened is taggers have scrawled over someone's expensive new fence, shopfront, etc - sites that are aggressive, places you know someone cares about and will be forced to spend money cleaning and repainting. Compare this with graffiti artists who choose bare, unloved walls (did you really prefer the bare concrete underpass?). I tend to think of tagging as the angriest and most destructive form of street art, a kind of territorial pissing of the have-not which says 'you may have this, but i can take it away'. Taggers do this not only to mainstream property, but to other graffiti as well. It creates a rift in the world of graffiti. But you can't reason with them: Dear Bitch Ass Tagger on Flickr. The taggers response to a letter from a graffiti artist? They tagged it of course.
- GRAFFITI_MELBOURNE_0909_853 on Flickr
- LOL Blues Brothers:
24/08/09 13:30:16 Got accosted by some annoying religious zealots on my lunch break. They wanted to answer any questions I might have about why God lets bad things happen to good people. I challenged them to explain what kind of vindictive God would allow Internet Explorer 6 to have a 17% share of the browser market. They had no answer.
- Dinner at El Bulli: The Greatest Restaurant in the World - The Amateur Gourmet... crazy.
- Best hoodie ever: ThinkGeek :: Hello My Name Is Inigo Montoya Hoodie
- Hilarious: YouTube - 1930s Futuristic Fashion Predictions. Oh swish!
- Six Fonts That Piss People Off | Design & Innovation | Fast Company
- The Jalopy Journal - How A Differential Works, which is more interesting than it sounds ;)
- I fail to see... I Can Has Cheezburger?
- hmmm..lets see, standard master lock... – I Can Has Cheezburger?