- By popular demand... (*that* letter to AGL):
You may want to sit down. This may come as some surprise to you.
Are you ready?
I write to you regarding a billing error.
Ha, you see, I was only joking. I imagine every letter you get must be regarding a billing error.
- Letters of Note: I hadn't any idea that I talked about my guitar so often:
Saul was just 14 when he wrote and illustrated the following letter to Michelle Young; an ex-girlfriend who had just recently ended their relationship and, in a previous letter, blamed the decision on Saul's unending talk of his guitar. The guitar obsession never ended and Saul soon became Slash, one of the world's most admired guitarists and member of Guns N' Roses...
Tree branch on power line (weird and intense):
- Why passing the change baton to journalists is not a good idea - mUmBRELLA
- Vanilla Garlic: Only You Can Save Girl Scouts (From Monsters)
- Oceanic Cafe, Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills. Sydney @Not Quite Nigella. I walked past the Oceanic twice a day for a few months when I worked at Holt Street. I was fascinated, although purely from the look of the place I kind of assumed it'd be dire (perhaps unfairly, but that's life). Perhaps it's just that I don't really jump at the chance for a lamb's fry dinner. It certainly had its devotees though - particularly a couple of very quiet old gents who ate there so regularly they seemed kind of like fixtures, plus there were a few journos who delighted in a cheap feed after a few ales at the pub around the corner. Anyway it turns out the Oceanic has quite a back story.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.