Posts

2012 mix tape

So with the rollover of another number on a calendar, it's time to add to the stock of yearly mix tapes.

Also worth trying is my 2012 Jam Odyssey on This Is My Jam. Not sure how long that will stay online so check it out :)

(There used to be a Grooveshark playlist here, but then record companies happened.)

  1. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
  2. Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell Two PF tracks; mostly because I saw The Wall live and partly because I ended up in hospital with a raging fever - and yes, the lyrics to Comfortably Numb did wander through my head a few times.
  3. Sisters of Mercy - Vision Thing Because we finally saw Sisters live :)
  4. Hilltop Hoods - Recapturing the Vibe I'd been sick for a month, at home doing nothing for days on end, feeling increasingly disconnected from life. The day I finally went back to work, effectively the day I rejoined the world, I put on my headphones and this was the first song... now bound to that moment.
  5. Bliss N Eso - Addicted Purely for the awesome video.
  6. Beastie Boys - Sure Shot RIP Adam Yauch.
  7. Garbage - Control While I was sick my computer was in pieces (we'd just moved) and I'd hardly listened to any music at home. L bought new headphones and lent them to me one night so I could listen to the new Garbage album off my laptop. It made a huge difference to my general state of mind, reminding myself of the joy in music; the simple pleasure of just zoning out with some great headphones and a new album.
  8. Moby - Be The One I hadn't listened to Moby's more recent albums and finally gave Destroyed a listen; and loved it.
  9. Tom Waits - Hell Broke Luce Knockout song, knockout video.
  10. Public Enemy - Harder Than You Think Like many people, I was simply floored by the London Paralympics advert.
  11. Rammstein - Te Quiero Puta I'm amused at Rammstein being ambiguous - are they being political or just plain filthy? Knowing them, both.
  12. Mindless Faith - Canaan Couldn't add this to playlist; but this track just kept coming up on random after I discovered I liked their older album even more than the first one I bought.
  13. Massive Attack - Girl I Love You Just a soundscape that took my breath away at the right moment.

Labels: , ,

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment