- DHL launches first commercial drone 'parcelcopter' delivery service | Technology | theguardian.com:
German delivery firm DHL has beaten the tech firms to the post, announcing a regular drone delivery service for the first time, nine months after it launched its “parcelcopter” research project in December 2013. The service will use an autonomous quadcopter to deliver small parcels to the German island of Juist, a sandbar island 12km into the North Sea from the German coast, inhabited by 2,000 people. Deliveries will include medication and other goods that may be “urgently needed”.
- How To Keep Your Cool When Your Brakes Fail At 154 MPH (jump to 1:30 for the crash). Intense just how fast it happens at full speed.
- The 42nd Crew To The ISS Made This Awesome Hitchhiker's Guide Poster
- This Science Museum Has Royally Pissed Off a Bunch of Girl Scouts:
Understandably, Scouts and concerned citizens across the country did not take kindly to this and made their displeasure known on social media. The Carnegie Science Center responded with a long and honestly pretty reasonable post, promising that they do feel very strongly about supporting women in STEM but they just haven't seen much interest in anything except [long, sad sigh] "Science with a Sparkle"
- The Amazing DIY Monster Tanks Of Mexico's Narco-Vigilantes
- These Beastly Disaster-Rescue Rigs Will Bring WiFi To The Apocalypse:
After tornadoes had ravaged Tuscaloosa, the trucks were many people's first opportunity to connect with their families after losing phones and electricity.
- Time to Move On? The Case Against Daylight Saving Time. A yearly note that DST is bullshit on basically every level and should be phased out.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.