- From senator to saw mill owner, the rise and rise of Ricky Muir
- Driver Flips In Brutal High-Speed Crash And Wins Race After Sliding On His Roof
- The Must See Cars From the 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show - Design Milk - 3D printed cars and bikes are a thing now.
- The Barnacle Is The Car Blindfold Cops Will Slap On Your Windshield When You Park Badly
- Neuroscientists Found The Most Relaxing Song. Well actually they helped create it:
The song was actually created for the purpose of stress reduction—it was a collaboration between the band and a group of sound therapists.
- Coles grocery shopping on a budget: What you can buy for $150
- Boom Technology supersonic jets: Startup wants to fly NYC — London in just over three hours. Interesting on two levels. First, fast transport yay! Second, current airline businesses are focused on the high-end tickets to the detriment of the low-end experience. So if something like this lops the head off, quite a few airlines will be in deep trouble if they don't respond somehow. Do they become budget airlines, or do they offer a more affordable but better-than-cattle-class experience? Yeah ok they'll all become overpriced budget airlines, but still it's an opportunity.
- New South Wales backpedals on plan to make cyclists carry ID | Life and style | The Guardian:
The government collected $1.3m from 3,171 fines issued to cyclists [...] Over the same seven-month period, only 15 fines were issued to motorists for violating one-metre passing rules introduced at the same time, raising $4,857.Confirming what was already known - there is no intent to enforce the one-metre rule, there is intent to get cyclists off the road.
- Moral Machine: MIT experiment asking people to judge what a self-driving car should do in an emergency brake failure.
Oddly well-produced video of a guy punching a roo in the face and not immediately being kicked to death: