- Fraser Anning dumped from Katter's Australian Party for views on race, non-European migration - Politics - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation):
Mr Katter said he had repeatedly warned Senator Anning not to use racially charged language or call for a European immigration program.Nineteen Votes Anning continues to shine.
- Running against Tony Abbott in Warringah | The Saturday Paper:
And all of that ... is what made me think I should consider running for Warringah. ... [I]f all my candidacy and others like it does, at first, is force those in power away from the hard right and a little towards common sense, that will be something.
- Donald Trump's words mattered in a week in which bombs were sent to Democrats, CNN - Donald Trump's America - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation):
On that theme, blink-and-you-missed-it-comms-director Anthony Scaramucci has attracted attention with these comments: "He's an intentional liar. It's very different than just being a liar-liar," he told Bloomberg. "Yes, the President is speaking mistruths, yes, the president is lying, but he is doing it intentionally to incite certain people which would include left-leaning journalists and most of the left-leaning politicians."
- ...speaking of pathological liars: Tony Abbott describes conditions on Nauru as 'very, very pleasant' - Politics - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation).
- Cricket Australia 'arrogant' and partly to blame for ball-tampering, report finds | Sport | The Guardian:
An independent report into the organisation's culture found there was “strong systemic and organisational input” into the decision to cheat during the third Test against South Africa in Cape Town in March. Interviewees said Australian cricket's governing body adopted bullying behaviour, ostracised people and created a “win-at-all-costs” mentality that pushed players to “play the mongrel”.
- Tim Berners-Lee launches campaign to save the web from abuse | Technology | The Guardian:
A %u2018Magna Carta for the web' will protect people's rights online from threats such as fake news, prejudice and hate, says founder of the world wide web
- Thousands still watch TV in black and white - BBC News:
A black and white licence has one distinct advantage over its colour equivalent: it is a third of the price at £50.50 a year compared with £150.50. Neither does TV Licensing carry out checks of households claiming to watch a black and white set. "It's entirely done on trust," a spokesperson said.Curious uptick of black and white licenses predicted after this article ;)
- Can these massive bricks solve storage for renewable energy?:
A new solution that uses basic physics could cut the cost of storage in half, or by as much as 80% over the total life of the system.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.