- 'It's telling that people are convinced they're real': the satirical signs of Sydney's %u2018nanny state' | Art and design | The Guardian
- EU votes in favor of choosing a common charging cable standard | Engadget:
European Union lawmakers have voted overwhelmingly to legislate manufacturers to adopt a shared charging cable standard. ... The European Parliament also instructed the Commission to think about wireless chargers and how they could be used to reduce electronic waste. It also wants the body to find ways for the EU to collect and recycle more cables and chargers.
- The overwhelming consensus on climate change | The Logic of Science
- Bridget McKenzie quits frontbench over report she breached ministerial standards - Politics - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). Using the relatively small detail of the gun club membership to try to dodge talking about how she pumped millions into marginal seats.
- Streaming spells the end of the 'ownership' era of music, but are we ready to let go? | Music | The Guardian:
Previously, people maintained access by owning records, cassette tapes, CDs or, more recently, digital files. Now all you need is a playback device and an internet connection. But the shift to streaming comes with trade-offs. [...] Streaming platforms offer convenience and variety, but they don’t always give us the latest album from the hottest artist of the decade – or the 1992 Vampire Mix of A Tribe Called Quest’s I Left My Wallet in El Segundo.
- Tesla Remotely Removes Autopilot Features From Customer's Used Tesla Without Any Notice
- No pedestrian fatalities in Helsinki traffic last year | City of Helsinki
I had sort of assumed everyone noticed the Seinfeld opening music matched the timing of the standup routine, but given responses to this old video doing the rounds... apparently not!
- This Is What Happens When You Overdose on LSD - VICE:
Accidental LSD overdoses are not fun. But for some, they can have a bizarrely beneficial effect.
- How will MIDI 2.0 change music? — Quartz:
In early January 2020, the MIDI Manufacturers Association, the nonprofit organization that manages MIDI, announced the release of MIDI 2.0. The new protocol involved years of work from the organization's volunteers, and getting companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft, and all of the major music manufacturers on board. There are a few major changes in the new version. The biggest development is the expansion from 7-bit values to 32-bit values.
- Three baboons captured after escaping from truck at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation):
Mr Hazzard said the incident involved a 15-year-old male baboon accompanied by two females who were "there to keep him calm because tomorrow he was due for a vasectomy". The animals were not involved in research but had been brought in from the colony in western Sydney for treatment at the facility.