- The story behind that photo of the Pinto in front of the Mt. St Hellens Eruption | Hemmings (dunno how reliable this is, but hey)
- Tucows closes its once-popular software download site | Engadget. End of an era. They handled it very well though.
- 51 Brutalist House Exteriors That Will Make You Love Concrete Architecture
- Kerry O'Brien rejects Australia Day honour in protest against Margaret Court's award | Honours system | The Guardian
- Anger management: study suggests lack of fans has made players calmer | Football | The Guardian:
On average, the study found that there were 19.5% fewer “emotional” incidents, such as arguments or altercations, in matches without fans. The results also showed a stark decline in interactions involving the referee.The lack of crowd also reduced the "home advantage" and changed how many goals were scored.
- What is GameStop, where do the memes come in, and who is winning or losing? | Stock markets | The Guardian
- White supremacists chanting in The Grampians draws the anger of locals - ABC News
- 'In digital, the right-wing material is 24/7': How Sky News quietly became Australia's biggest news channel on social media | Business Insider
- Box seat: scientists solve the mystery of why wombats have cube-shaped poo | Animals | The Guardian
- NRL will not rush to follow AFL's lead on stricter concussion protocols | NRL | The Guardian:
despite growing pressure on sports administrators to act, the NRL has refused to follow suit for now, expressing concern over the potential for players or coaches to cover up any head injuries in a bid not to be forced to miss any action
- Local workers are taking up farm jobs as Queensland farmers are forced to pay higher wages - ABC News:
Critical labour shortages are forcing Queensland farmers to pay higher wages and provide better conditions to attract local workers.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.