- English police hunting cannabis farm instead uncover Bitcoin mine - ABC News:
"We heard how lots of people were visiting the unit at different times of day, lots of wiring and ventilation ducts were visible, and a police drone picked up a considerable heat source from above," West Midlands Police said in a statement.Life imitates meme.
- Christian Porter agrees to discontinue defamation court case against ABC | Christian Porter | The Guardian:
Christian Porter has dropped his defamation case against the ABC, but has sought to claim victory despite failing to secure an apology or retraction from the public broadcaster.
- Why is there such a disparity among teams in the NRL this season? - ABC News:
The NRL has come under recent fire following a horror injury toll across the game. Some teams have been luckier than others, but it just happens that the bottom three teams are among several others that have a concerning number of men sitting on the sideline. ... St George Illawarra Dragons half-back Ben Hunt says the rules aren't creating less stoppage as anticipated but are certainly creating more casualties.
- 'A grant or a bribe?': MP questions John Barilaro in parliament over $50,000 funding request | New South Wales politics | The Guardian:
Another email sent by the deputy director-general of the Department of Primary Industries, Kate Lorimer-Ward, in January this year, recorded that the grant had been specifically directed by Barilaro.
- The Australian club to remain open to only male members:
Another member, who has been at the club for over a decade, expressed concerns not only on male exclusivity, but also the racial profile of membership, which remains dominated by Australians of Anglo-Saxon heritage.Prime Ministers, judges, powerful businessmen... this is where they go. Little wonder Australia's public discourse remains stuck somewhere in the 1950s at best.
- Friendlyjordies producer charged with stalking NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro - ABC News:
Xenophon Davis, lawyers acting for Mr Shanks's team, disputed the NSW Police version of events, labelling the arrest of Mr Langker "highly alarming". "We are highly disturbed by misinformation that police appear to have acted upon," the firm's partner Mark Davis said in a statement. "We have the video of the interaction with the Deputy Premier and it does not appear to accord with the police facts."
- Why I donated to friendlyjordies' legal defence fund - Kevin Rudd:
Langker's lawyer Mark Davis – himself a Gold Walkley winning journalist – has described the arrest as a “shocking abuse of power”. Nicholas Cowdery QC – the state's director of public prosecutions for 16 years – questioned why the FPIU was involved when Langker was not threatening “possible terrorism”. Having watched the footage myself, I find it disturbing. What's more, the account relied on by police is alleged to be riddled with false claims about Langker's behaviour that are not borne out on video.
- Five quick questions about Barnaby Joyce returning as deputy prime minister - ABC News:
Joyce resigned his role as deputy prime minister and leader of the Nationals in 2018. He was accused of sexual harassment by former WA Rural Woman of the Year Catherine Marriott. [...] It wasn't the only scandal in Joyce's rocky first tilt at the job. There were revelations he had an affair with his former staffer Vikki Campion. [...] Political observers believe Joyce's return to the leadership could threaten any move to lock in a formal target of achieving net zero emissions by 2050.
- NSW Covid update: Sydney's mask mandate 'likely' to be extended as two new cases recorded | Australia news | The Guardian:
Gladys Berejiklian is urging people to remain vigilant, saying latest coronavirus cluster has spread from 'scarily' fleeting contactNo lockdown though, despite epidemiologists calling for one... they waited for days knowing perfectly well that people would ignore the mask request.
- Barnaby Joyce shifts old foes and rewards Bridget McKenzie and Andrew Gee in Nationals ministerial reshuffle | National party | The Guardian. Sports Rorts McKenzie is back within the same term she had to resign. Absolutely no accountability any more.
Deleted scenes from The Teriminator are pretty fascinating. They explain why Reese and Sarah end up at *that* specific place in the end, not to mention this entire unused ending that basically bridges this movie and the sequel together. pic.twitter.com/NHlrxFUkeq— 𝔸𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕝𝕪 𝕊𝕙𝕒𝕤𝕙𝕜𝕚𝕟💾 (@dosnostalgic) June 1, 2021
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.