- Powerhouse Parramatta: entertainment centre 'masquerading' as a museum has high flood risk, inquiry finds | Culture | The Guardian
- One Nation, Australian Christian Lobby listed as hate groups: report:
Citing the rising number of cases of Australian far-right groups and individuals, the report’s authors said that global movements are inspiring terrorism, killings and rights-restricting policies around the world — and are increasingly connected.
- As Melbourne clean-up begins, concerns raised over whether Flemington Racecourse wall exacerbated flooding - ABC News. Another reason to stop supporting the Melbourne Cup, if you needed one.
- Robbie Coltrane, who played Hagrid in the Harry Potter films, dies aged 72 - ABC News. Amazing range. While so many know him as Hagrid, I knew him across The Young Ones, Cracker, Bond, Supergrass... and I will always appreciate his TV series that taught me how turbos and superchargers worked.
- Greens senator Lidia Thorpe resigns as Senate deputy after undisclosed relationship with ex-bikie boss - ABC News. Ludicrously bad judgement. Should be
- Elon Musk completes takeover of Twitter, CEO and CFO fired and escorted from building - ABC News. Walked in with a sink, to make a really dumb joke about "let that sink in", knowing he was about to fire a bunch of very-senior people and throw thousands of employees into uncertainty and chaos. That boy ain't right.
- Welcome to hell, Elon - The Verge:
I say this with utter confidence because the problems with Twitter are not engineering problems. They are political problems. Twitter, the company, makes very little interesting technology; the tech stack is not the valuable asset. The asset is the user base: hopelessly addicted politicians, reporters, celebrities, and other people who should know better but keep posting anyway. You! You, Elon Musk, are addicted to Twitter. You’re the asset. You just bought yourself for $44 billion dollars.
- Twitter to start charging $20 per month for verification - The Verge:
Twitter is currently planning to charge $19.99 for the new Twitter Blue subscription. Under the current plan, verified users would have 90 days to subscribe or lose their blue checkmark. Employees working on the project were told on Sunday that they need to meet a deadline of November 7th to launch the feature or they will be fired....right.
- Albanese government to enforce new advertising requirements for online betting companies - ABC News:
The new rules follow a three-month review seven years ago, in 2015, by former New South Wales premier Barry O'Farrell, who was tasked with looking at the offshore online gambling industry.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.