- What's going on with the 'fake' mobile game ads on TikTok? | Eurogamer.net:
And so of course these ads are relentlessly A/B tested to just get that install. Whatever works. Over time and through rigorous testing, some mobile game marketers found that it's more effective to present your game as a runner or a puzzler than tell people what the game actually is.
- What we've learnt from nine weeks of Robodebt royal commission hearings - ABC News. TLDR: many people knew it was wrong, many people had opportunities to stop it, nobody stopped it, and the entire toxic disaster was framed with a two-word slogan from Scott Morrison. Being punitive was more important than any other aspect - including the truth or human life.
- Australia's leading harness racing stable, Yole Racing, at centre of cheating allegations - ABC News:
What Riley is describing is what's known as “team driving”, and it's prohibited in the racing code. The driver said he was concerned races may have been “fixed” for betting purposes. [...] RSPCA Tasmania CEO, Jan Davis, said while she was not happy with the condition more than 150 horses were kept in at the Yole Racing stable — she was limited by the state’s animal welfare legislation.
- New South Wales Premier Chris Minns vows not to work with Mark Latham, urges Liberals to do the same - ABC News:
Mr Minns said he would not support Mr Latham if he requested to chair a committee or special assignment inside of the Legislative Council.Unlikely to come up, since Latham doesn't do much more than tweet drivel.
- Peter Dutton says he 'accepts responsibility' for Aston by-election loss - ABC News:
During the campaign, Mr Dutton said the result would be a "verdict on the leaders, no doubt about that". He conceded to ABC's Insiders that he had failed his own test. [...] Former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull this morning rebuked the Liberal leader on Twitter, noting the party had seen success in Victoria in 2016, when it won Chisholm with moderate candidate Julia Banks. "Jeez Peter — just tell the truth. Victoria is a small-l liberal state and the Liberal Party egged on by the Murdoch media has moved further and further to the right," Mr Turnbull wrote.
- The Herkimer Battle Jitney Lives, and the New Owner Plans a Full Restoration | Hemmings. A mostly-forgotten movie prop that seems more popular than the movie it's from...
- Former Indigenous affairs minister Ken Wyatt quits Liberals over party's voice opposition | Ken Wyatt | The Guardian:
After the Albanese government revealed the wording of the referendum question, Wyatt publicly urged Dutton to back the creation of the voice, warning not doing so could add to the perceptions the Liberals were a “racist party”.
- Investigation launched into whether AFP tried to 'pervert the course of justice' in Brittany Higgins case | Australia news | The Guardian:
In an email seen by Guardian Australia, ACLEI's executive director of operations, Peter Ratcliffe, confirms the agency is investigating whether “AFP members attempted to pervert the course of justice by pressuring Ms Brittany Higgins not to proceed with the matter”.
I was hoping Andrew Huang would do a behind-the-scenes for his 'space' video series...
Mark Rober talking about the very-cool Zipline drones.