- FOGO system 'overwhelmed' by plastics as industry urges public to get behind rollout - ABC News. The RedCycle debacle probably hasn't helped with general levels of engagement with recycling. Food scraps also suffer because the little caddy bins are poorly designed so they sweat a lot; and the compostable bags tear incredibly easily when they get wet. So unless you empty and clean the bin daily (or close to daily) it turns into a disgusting mess... so if you get busy or sick and fall behind you're just tempted to stop using it. It really does reduce the amount of general waste you have though.
- What is happening to gas in Victoria and will the rest of the country follow suit? - ABC News. I've no doubt there will be pushback, but ultimately gas stoves make absolutely no sense. Bad for your health, expensive, smelly, dangerous. Gas was better than crappy old electric stoves, but isn't better than modern induction stoves which are fast and responsive. Gas should only be retained as a portable or backup solution, including BBQs.
- Will rebranding Twitter give Elon Musk the X factor? I wouldn't bank on it | John Naughton | The Guardian:
As usual, the close to 150 million-strong legion of Musk worshippers think that this is further evidence of their hero's genius. More detached observers wonder what he's been smoking.
- Fight brews on AI copyright law, as unions say big tech must pay to train AI, while Google, Microsoft ask for exemptions - ABC News
- ABC exiting Twitter: Australia's national broadcaster shuts down almost all accounts on Elon Musk's X | Twitter | The Guardian:
The ABC is shutting down almost all of its official accounts on Twitter – now known as X under Elon Musk's ownership – citing “toxic interactions”, cost and better interaction with ABC content on other social media platforms.
- Brisbane heritage tugboat The Forceful to be turned into scrap metal as museum's last hopes dashed - ABC News. That's sad. As a kid I once spent an afternoon on the Forceful including helping the stokers. I kind of assumed she'd be on the river forever, one way or another.
- This is Henson Park - League - Inside Sport:
There's no rugby league experience quite like a Newtown Jets home game. The big stadiums will never be able to match the charm, passion and community spirit of a place like Henson, a beacon of suburban footy.Although written in 2018 I'm pleased to say this piece still perfectly describes what it is like attending a game at Henson Park.
- 14 surprising and bizarre photos from oilfield workers reveal what crude oil actually looks like when it comes out of the ground | Business Insider. Definitely not what I expected.
- Donald Trump has been indicted for a fourth time. Here's what's different about the case in Georgia - ABC News
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.