Posts

CNN has a piece on tech support... Helpful support on tech endangered list? which highlights the fact that people are pissed off with the crap support they get for expensive pieces of tech (both hardware and software). It's hard to measure accurately and there are a lot of contributing factors, but tech support is where the buck stops. They have nowhere to run (poor souls). They're expected to fix the faults of products which may fundamentally flawed.

Personally I've been mad as hell ever since Micro$oft told us they could send us a patch to fix our copy of Word (which wouldn't spellcheck in Australian English), oh, one small catch - it will cost you $30. Compare this with Coke, who mailled me the $1.20 that one of their vending machines ate (big points also go to Queensland Rail, because it happened at a train station and the platform master made a couple of phone calls about it on my behalf - without me asking him to do so!). Which company knew that my repeat business was more valuable than what they'd gain by screwing me over once? Ahh, but as usual I digress.

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment