Posts

AlterNet: Patriot Raid. It's a bad time to be in America if you're not white. Well, shit, like there was ever a particularly good time...

When I asked to speak to a lawyer, the INS official informed me that I do have the right to a lawyer but I would have to be brought down to the station and await security clearance before being granted one. When I asked how long that would take, he replied with a coy smile: "Maybe a day, maybe a week, maybe a month."

...

As I continued to press for legal counsel, a female officer who had been busy typing on her laptop in the front of the restaurant, walked over and put her finger in my face. "We are at war, we are at war and this is for your safety," she exclaimed. As she walked away from the table, she continued to repeat it to herself? "We are at war, we are at war. How can they not understand this."

What's worse is this was done under America's "PATRIOT Act"; and there are plans to extend the boundaries of that act. Meaning the US will have given its agents every power to abuse the citizens that Saddam's regime gave to its agents. For example, to detain a person without reason.

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment