Posts

Teflon could be killing us: SMH | Secrets of the saucepan - Washington: An environmental group today asked the US Consumer Product Safety Commission to require that cookware coated with Teflon and similar chemicals carry a label describing potential health risks of the non-stick coating. The Environmental Working Group said in a study released today that cookware coated with Teflon-like coatings could reach 370 Centigrade in three to five minutes, releasing 15 toxic gases and chemicals, including two carcinogens.

Comments

Anonymous markuspaul  

August 25, 2011 10:04 pm

I’ve needed to change my cookware for sometime now. I love Le Creuset cookware but it’s so darn expensive! Thanks for pointing out the health concerns. I guess I’m having take out tonight and I am also read another article that emphasized how This toxic poison has been spread so widely in our environment that it is estimated by health agencies that as many as nine out of every ten people now carry some degree of this toxic chemical within them.

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment