Posts

Don't get me wrong, the new Blogger system seems nice. They've just come out of the blocks with a system that only gives the full-featured version to a browser which is lagging behind the pack; not to mention that MS have just announced it will lag forever unless you buy Longhorn.

Interface issues aside, the features look like they could be interesting. Though of course free users like me probably aren't seeing the best of it. Making users deal with charset issues is a brave move. They'll get endless emails over it, but it might improve the technical standard of a few blogs. One thing which is already pissing me off is the lack of a POST button in the POST screen (LoFi version). I don't need to preview most of my posts. Then the rapid refreshing post status page is a bit too quick - the pulsing effect makes me feel sick. Seriously, refresh ever ten seconds or something. Every two or three is overkill.

On top of all that, the old interface broke quite badly in Opera 7.10 - so even though it gets redirected to LoFi, Opera is still better off this way. Everything does work; so I'll quit my bitchin'. The reality is 99% of Bloggers won't know or care about web standards. Just a few geeks like me find fault.

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment