Posts

The 19th Floor | Making Accessible Minds. An interesting post from a person with a disability, about the creative release of blogging.

Lately, it's occurred to me that, as in real life, I'm something of a novelty in the blogosphere. For those of you who don't know me or haven't read my blog before, I have a disability called spinal muscular atrophy. It's a neuromuscular disability that I've had since birth. I use a wheelchair to get around and a portable ventilator helps me breathe. As an added bonus, I need a nurse with me 24 hours a day. I have very little use of my arms or legs, but I can type this blog with a headset that emulates a mouse. Straight from my head to the screen, as it were.

On another note, this guy's minimal design makes most of my stuff look screaming gaudy. Damn.

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment