Posts

gah!!

Listen up, please!!! If you have lost something, you did not "loose" it. The word is "lose". The long "oo" sound is in the pronunciation, not the frackin spelling. OK? Simple test: compare Dictionary.com/lose (To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; mislay) with Dictionary.com/loose (Not fastened, restrained, or contained). The dictionary makes it clear.

I have lost count of the number of people out there I've seen fuck this one up. Blog after journal after blog, people write loose instead of lose. My school teachers pulled students up on mistakes like that; what the fuck happened to everyone else?

Yes, I realise I've already ranted about this. Oddly enough, it hasn't stopped pissing me off since then ;P

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment