- NEWS.com.au | 40-plus killed in Iraq attacks (October 28, 2003) / Red Cross reviews Baghdad operations. 28/10/2003. ABC News Online:
UN secretary-general Kofi Annan says the bombings are a crime against humanity.
- Google's online float threatens to derail gravy train - www.smh.com.au - they may float the company, but they won't use bankers to do it.
- From Oz to OO7 - www.smh.com.au -
Hugh Jackman is reportedly the new favourite to take over from Pierce Brosnan as the next James Bond.Is the world ready for another Aussie 007*? Actually I hope so - I think Jackman could make the role work. Russell Crowe would be a shit Bond; he's just not the right kind of person.
- Workers off the hook - National - smh.com.au. Researchers trying to claim mobile phones have made people get to work late. Actually I'd say the truth is they arrive exactly when they would have arrived anyway; it's just that people know where they are. There is a flip side - thanks to mobiles, people can be "on call" which is a nice way of saying they're not at work, but they can't do what they want in case they have to go to work.
- WA council eyes condom tree plan. 28/10/2003. ABC News Online -
The idea involves supplying containers of condoms in trees easily accessible to the public.
* George Lazenby was the first Aussie Bond.