- Slashdot | Microsoft Receives XML Patent
- Slashdot | RFID Tags For The Rich. Of course, you have to wonder how a Prada salesdrone would cope with something as geeky as this.
- The Register | TFT LCD prices to fall despite growing demand:
Monitors will account for over half of the LCD market (57.4 per cent), and will finally outpace demand for CRTs. Come 2007, and LCDs will account for 80 per cent of monitor sales, up from 41.7 per cent last year. Notebook panels will take 20 per cent of the market, again on rising demand....more simply, finally more new LCD screens will be sold than new CRTs.
- The Register | Light dawns at Intel
- The Register | Software bug contributed to blackout:
A previously-unknown software flaw in a widely-deployed General Electric energy management system contributed to the devastating scope of the August 14th northeastern U.S. blackout, industry officials revealed this week.....so don't try to blame "hackers".
- The Register | Cyberappliances attack Italian village:
For three weeks terrified residents have battled for their very survival against spontaneously-combusting TVs, fridges and cookers which have damaged twelve houses and provoked a full-scale evacuation of the hamlet.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.