- NEWS.com.au | Regulator humiliates NAB (March 25, 2004) / Profit-is-king NAB put back onto P-plates - BusinessNews - www.smh.com.au:
Australia's biggest bank has been delivered a humiliating reprimand and ordered to change its 'profit is king' culture and keep about $700 million in reserve in case of future financial disasters.Could the worm be turning? It'd be nice to think so; but banks are just too damn rich and powerful.
- EU fines Microsoft half a billion euros - BusinessNews - www.smh.com.au :
European regulators on Wednesday went dramatically further than their US counterparts by imposing a record fine of 497 million euros ($A817 million) and product changes on US software giant Microsoft for stifling competitors.
- Dogs hold the line on cocaine claims. 25/03/2004. ABC News Online:
Despite intense media pressure, the Bulldogs rugby league club is sticking by its policy of refusing to confirm or deny that forward Willie Mason has tested positive to cocaine.
- Singapore launches high-tech campaign to eliminate rats. 24/03/2004. ABC News Online
- NEWS.com.au | Bullet train average - only 12 secs late (March 25, 2004)
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.