Posts

for those who missed it

The Washington Monthly - 2004.04.15 / Mirror.co.uk - THE PRESIDENT'S BRAIN IS MISSING... gives a transcript of Dubya's recent press conference failure. No matter what else was said; this shows the guy just isn't smart enough to run America. He's coached by others and it's painfully clear when he gets a question he hasn't been taught to answer:

For 17-minutes all went smoothly as the president delivered a prepared statement about Iraq in only his third solo appearance before reporters at the White House.

Then came the bombshell. He was asked to name his biggest mistake since September 11.

'I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it,' Mr Bush appeared to joke, before taking a long pause.

'Er, I'm sure historians will look back and say, 'Gosh, he could have done it better this way, or that way'. I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer.. but it hadn't yet.'

...

Next came his most jaw-dropping reply: 'I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't. You just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one.'

It's not quite as stunning when you don't see the actual video. But it should still give an idea why even the most jaded Bush-basher found this one amazing. Plus, the look on Condoleezza Rice's (sp?) face was priceless.

I never thought I'd take as active an interest in an American presidential campaign as I will over the coming months. Never before have I felt like I or my country had any serious stake in the outcome. With Bush it's different. This fucker saddled the world up for war, coz hell that's what Daddy did and I want a crack at the sumbitch that shot at him. Probably not the exact words ;)

Before Bush we had a guy whose biggest fuckup/scandal basically amounted to bonking an intern. BRING BACK THE INTERN BONKER. At least Clinton could string a sentence together.

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment