- Slashdot | Flash Mob Gang Warfare:
Apparently two Dallas gangs, after trading insults in a chat room ... arranged a time to meet and duke it out in real life. The gang members were later identified and arrested with the aid of a digital video tape of the brawl. According to one officer, 'Some of them actually signed in with their true names, so that helped us identify people.'
- Slashdot | RIAA Loss Report Contradicts Nielsen Sales Record:
Nielsen's Soundscan (Which tracks retail point-of-sale numbers for the music industry) shows a 10% increase in sales from Q1 2003 to Q1 2004.The RIAA bases their claims on how many units they ship to stores, not how many units are sold or how much income is generated. Unethical? Definitely. Surprising? Hell no.
- Slashdot | Anti-HIV Virus Developed
- New flaw takes Wi-Fi off the air | The Register - theReg picks up the story linked yesterday.
- Survey finds most professional geeks are men | The Register - the world is stunned.
- Student uncovers US military secrets | The Register - US military now forced to consider something more advanced than black texta.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.