- NEWS.com.au | Comfort food really works: study (May 15, 2004):
The Australian Centre of Neuropsycotherapy has found that steam cooked potatoes could provide greater use of serotonin for treating the disorder than taking anti-depressants.I've always said chocolate was a rank ameteur in the comfort food stakes :)
- NEWS.com.au | Women rape men in AIDS fury (May 18, 2004):
South Africa, where human rights groups say one in two women risks being raped, is grappling with a new twist to its biggest public health problem: women who rape men, often at gunpoint, in a deliberate attempt to infect them with AIDS.
- Stop expelling students for sex practices, say parents - National - www.smh.com.au:
Pregnant schoolgirls and gay students are the victims of discrimination practised legally by private schools using loopholes in the law, a study has found.See, it demonstrates good christian values to exclude you from education if you're pregnant or gay. Love thy neighbour, unless they don't love the same way as you.
- Manly bans beach smoking - National - www.smh.com.au:
Manly Council has banned smoking on beaches, setting the example for other coastal councils.Huzzah! Actually I'd rather see the ban on smoking in pubs and clubs go through (Qld Government proposes tough anti-smoking laws. 17/05/2004. ABC News Online).
- Moore's 'Fahrenheit 9/11' turns up heat on Bush. 18/05/2004. ABC News Online:
US film-maker Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 documentary, examining President George W Bush's handling of Iraq and the war on terrorism, has premiered at the Cannes film festival, to audience cheers and applause.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.