- Spike's last laugh - National - www.smh.com.au:
Two years after he died aged 83, relatives of the Goon Show creator have erected a headstone on his grave bearing the star's epitaph: 'I told you I was ill.'It's a pity they argued over it - it was his wish after all. But hooray for Spike's last laugh :)
- NEWS.com.au | Athens angered by Aus travel alert (May 25, 2004):
'Telling them (extremists) that there are holes in Athens security procedures and our preparations can be circumvented - when all of our preparations are designed to achieve the opposite - is bad security strategy.'Yeah, that's right - security is perfect if you tell people it's perfect. That works. Sure. Was that another explosion in the distance?
- NEWS.com.au | Brother, where art thou? I'm innocent (May 25, 2004):
Michael Brendon Warner knows what it means to be his brother's keeper. For his brother's sins, the 27-year-old pensioner gets locked in police cells every time he travels to Sydney.I had a flatmate once with the same problem - his name is the same as a crim; and he gets grabbed every once in a while. The major problem I guess is that Police probably get the 'wrong person' claim every other day. So they don't believe it when it's real, either.
- Bush tortures pronounciation again - World - www.smh.com.au:
Two rehearsals for his prime-time speech today were not enough to keep US President George W Bush from mangling the name of the Abu Ghraib prison that brought shame to the US mission in Iraq.
- Berry highly sexed - Health - www.smh.com.au. I can see the pickup lines already: Hey baby, want to see my strawberry patch?
- NEWS.com.au | High-roller shows his hand (May 25, 2004):
ONE of Crown's Casino's biggest gamblers says he has developed a casino-beating blackjack system. ... Crown spokesman Gary O'Neill said the casino was unconcerned.I wonder if the full quote was 'nah we're not concerned, we'll beat it back out of him when he tries to leave'?
- You've got mail - but it'll cost you - National - www.smh.com.au:
Members of a group invited by search engine Google to test its new email service are selling their account sign-ups for more than $100 on the auction site eBay.I'm keeping my Gmail account, personally (yes, I really do have one).
- Bilo supermarket chain fined for breaching Food Act. 25/05/2004. ABC News Online:
A national food chain which operated a supermarket with a vermin infested bakery and delicatessen has been fined $70,000 in the Cairns Magistrates Court.
- Record industry sues more music swappers. 25/05/2004. ABC News Online:
A US music industry group says it had sued 493 more people for copyright infringement as part of its campaign to stop consumers from copying music over the Internet.'We won't stop until we've sued everyone we want as our customers!' said one soulless minion of evil.
- Gene may hold cowlick's secret. 25/05/2004. ABC News Online:
Parents used to blame Grandpa for that annoying cowlick that refused to be tamed by brush or lotion, but scientists now say a single gene could be to blame.Fucking cowlick. *grumble*fuck*grumble*
- BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Swedish elk steals bicycle
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.