- NEWS.com.au | E-mail access law worries libertarians (August 30, 2004):
A NEW federal law could let authorities access private e-mails without a warrant, civil libertarians fear. The Howard Government has put forward the amendment twice before, but both times Labor opposed it and it was withdrawn. This time, Labor is backing the amendment.You fuckers, Labour. Unfortunately you have to assume people read your email anyway.
- Howard, Latham hit the airwaves. 30/08/2004. ABC News Online / NEWS.com.au | Game on in race for The Lodge (August 30, 2004):
'This election will be about trust,' Mr Howard said.Indeed it will - we can trust Howard's government to lie, ignore the rules when they feel like it, destroy civil liberties, kiss up to America and make us a target for terrorists. / Costello refuses to rule out leadership bid. 30/08/2004. ABC News Online ... duh. Liberal voters don't even know who they would be voting for.
- NEWS.com.au | Footy fever beats PM's announcement (August 30, 2004). Not surprisingly, people are more interested in football finals than Howard finally getting around to making his campaign official.
- FOX SPORTS | Olympics 2004 | Games Latest | Curtain falls on Athens (August 30, 2004):
JACQUES ROGGE, the president of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), declared the Athens Olympic Games 'an unforgettable dream Games' at this morning's Closing Ceremony.Gasp! A break with tradition! Not "best games ever".... it cannot be!
- Spectator madness in marathon. 30/08/2004. ABC News Online:
Stefano Baldini of Italy has won a dramatic men's marathon at the Athens Olympics, after long-time race leader Vanderlei de Lima of Brazil was attacked by a spectator in the latter stages of the race.
- FOX SPORTS | Motor Sports | Raikkonen targets more wins (August 30, 2004). Most of the reports have focussed on Schumacher's second place securing the series win, but you've got to give credit to Kimi Raikkonen for beating him. Roll on next season with Mark Weber in a stronger car.... :)
- Sexually frustrated chimp takes up smoking. 30/08/2004. ABC News Online:
Zoo officials say Feili is not addicted to nicotine but the chimp has also demonstrated clever - if not desperate - behaviour to score a smoke.Apparently the ability to cadge a nail is embedded at a primal level...
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.