- Labor warns degree cost could skyrocket. 01/09/2004. ABC News Online. No degree is worth $100k. Unless it's a degree in currency forgery.
- Scrafton says govt gag stopped him from speaking out. 01/09/2004. ABC News Online:
He has told a Senate committee today he feared losing his job if he revealed details of conversations with the Prime Minister.
- University challenge - Next - smh.com.au:
The frenetic pace of change in the IT world makes it hard for universities and other tertiary institutions to keep pace, writes Beverley Head.Uni degrees should teach you how to learn current skills and equip you with inter-personal skills which will remain current. By the time a curriculum can teach a specific technology, that tech is hideously out of date. Better to have practical units within a modular structure; and review those prac units every semester (yes, every semester).
- NEWS.com.au | ACCC to grill Telstra chiefs (September 1, 2004):
SENIOR Telstra executives including the company's top legal officer and internet chief will be grilled by the competition regulator this week, as hostilities escalate over allegations of predatory internet pricing by the telco.
- German couple told to turn down noisy sex session. 01/09/2004. ABC News Online:
Police in Germany say two young lovers so annoyed their neighbours with a noisy sex session that police had to ask them to lower the volume.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.