Posts

around the traps

  • The Chaser News | SRC takes meaningful stand: Wollongong University?s Student Representative Council shocked both constituents and community members last week, when they unanimously voted to censure the Chinese occupation of Tibet. Ahhh, student unions, how useless they are.
  • Calving & Hobbes - Christmas...
  • Who says safe computing must remain a pipe dream? | Perspectives | CNET News.com: I am regularly asked what average Internet users can do to ensure their security. My first answer is usually, 'Nothing--you're screwed.' But that's not true ... You're screwed if you do nothing to protect yourself. What I really need is a detailed how-to version of this article to give out to the many friends/family that ask me the same sort of question. It's complicated, but it's simple. If you know what I mean. On another note, I don't know that deleting command.com and cmd.exe is actually a good idea. Windows will use files/routines in ways humans cannot fathom; it also doesn't protect itself from certain disasters. For example if you uninstall every single font (and although I wouldn't, I can understand someone wanting to do so), Windows is screwed. It does not hide or embed a font to use if the user decides to get rid of the extra fonts - personally I would have though the OS should have a few things like that built in as a fail-safe.
  • Most Hated Advertising Techniques (Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox), including some actual stats on which methods users hate the most.
  • The Gettysburg Powerpoint Presentation.

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment