- The Chaser News | SRC takes meaningful stand:
Wollongong University?s Student Representative Council shocked both constituents and community members last week, when they unanimously voted to censure the Chinese occupation of Tibet.Ahhh, student unions, how useless they are.
- Calving & Hobbes - Christmas...
- Who says safe computing must remain a pipe dream? | Perspectives | CNET News.com:
I am regularly asked what average Internet users can do to ensure their security. My first answer is usually, 'Nothing--you're screwed.' But that's not true ... You're screwed if you do nothing to protect yourself.What I really need is a detailed how-to version of this article to give out to the many friends/family that ask me the same sort of question. It's complicated, but it's simple. If you know what I mean. On another note, I don't know that deleting command.com and cmd.exe is actually a good idea. Windows will use files/routines in ways humans cannot fathom; it also doesn't protect itself from certain disasters. For example if you uninstall every single font (and although I wouldn't, I can understand someone wanting to do so), Windows is screwed. It does not hide or embed a font to use if the user decides to get rid of the extra fonts - personally I would have though the OS should have a few things like that built in as a fail-safe.
- Most Hated Advertising Techniques (Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox), including some actual stats on which methods users hate the most.
- The Gettysburg Powerpoint Presentation.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.