- 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The power of online knowledge sharing demonstrated... wikipedia probably gives a better coverage of the issue than any mainstream news outlet. Includes an animated graphic of the tsunami which illustrates how the waves spread. At any rate, while the topic is not a happy one it's well worth reading up at wikipedia.
- campjeep2004 | 22 year old Jeep rescues Hummer H2 in parking lot (via decker)
- lots of boing, as usual:
- Boing Boing: Taste-tests of crazy Asian drinks
- Boing Boing: Coke Machine Hacks
- Boing Boing: $6 stapler doesn't use staples. The site doesn't say how many sheets of paper it can do, but even so this is a great idea.
- Boing Boing: High altitude kites for beating the peak oil problem. An alternative to ground-based windmills, for harnessing wind energy. Certainly ingenious, but the test is always to see if it's commercially viable. With all these smart ideas, you have to wonder why green energy isn't taking over. Well not really, the cynic says, it's those damned oil cartels. Anyone think the cynic is wrong? Didn't think so.
- Reagan - Ooops. Funny.
- photographers: (candytrixie) Niagara Falls, Ontario & more from the same.
- photographers: (ohgirlfriend) bottle cap wisdom
- photographers: (goks) along baywalk.....
- THE HOSPITAL APOKA (flash, with sound - probably best if you have broadband :))
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.